Saturday, November 06, 2010

November 1, 2010

When I arrived to the home this morning I received the most wonderful news. Lala the one house mom told me that her kid, Mario* accepted Jesus as his Savior this past weekend. Mario has been asking lots of questions in the last month or so and reading the Bible by himself. He has been really thirsty to learn all he could about Jesus and so it was so amazing to hear this news. Praise the Lord!!!! We are praying that his conversion will be a witness to everyone but especially to his younger sister, Maria*.

We have started several Christmas projects here at the home. First we have been recycling plastics, alumnium and cardboard to raise money to buy bicycles for the kids for Christmas. The social worker and I have also decided to send out letters to people and groups/churches who may be interested in donating one bike. If we have everyone respond to our request we will have close for every child and teen to have a bike for Christmas. Second, we have sent out letters to different local buisnesses whom we buy from to see if they would be interested in donating money and/or thier supplies to us for Christmas. I am excited to see how God will answer our prayers and to see how God is going to bless the people who are willing to bless the kids in the Juniper Tree.

No comments: